In the oil and gas industries, staff working in potentially flammable or exposure environments; such as maintain cleaning, or handling light chemical dust and liquid etc., need to wear flame resistant garments and hood (ex. Nomex). It is also recommended they wear ULTITEC 1000FR, outside of Nomex the benefits are listed below. (It is necessary to wear EN ISO 14116 index 2 or 3 garments inside.)
Benefits offered by ULTITEC 1000FR:
1. Flame resistant garment is reusable and more expensive. Workers put on ULTITEC 1000FR outside the Nomex can protect their garments to prolong the using duration.
2. The laundry cost of Nomex is not cheap. To use ULTITEC 1000FR outside the flame resistant garment is a good option for daily protective disposable application, to save on laundry costs.
3. ULTITEC 1000FR is a type 5, 6 garment and can resist light spread chemical dust and liquid, to support that Nomex garment when working in a chemical substance environment.
4. ULTITEC 1000FR is treated for anti-static, which reduces the risk of trigger sparks by electrostatic when the environment may have flammable gases.
5. ULTITEC 1000FR can also provide protection from radioactive particles contamination, protecting people from radioactive materials around workplaces.
Click here for more information: http://www.derekduck.com/page/140