The GCCs largest powered access specialist, Rapid Access LLC, has invested in a brand new fleet of ‘spider-lifts’ for customers based in the UAE.
The lightweight fleet of 16 machines cover a range from 17m to 26m and are equipped with tracks and battery engines making them ideal for all types of indoor work. The products, from leading manufacturers JLG and Hinowa, offer exceptional working envelopes and platform capacities which combined with their low floor loading and compact size, means they are uniquely positioned to undertake a wide range of work impossible for other conventional MEWP models.
The products boast low emissions as well as the latest safety features, making these products perfect for supporting the most sensitive work at height projects, like those inside airports, stations, malls, exhibition centres and hotels.
Alexis Potter, Regional Director for UAE, said “This new investment demonstrates our dedication to providing the best service and equipment to our customers across the region. We have listened to our customers who have asked for these specialist pieces of equipment, backed up by our industry leading customer service and technical support. I am confident that these machines will prove very popular with our clients”
The products will be available to hire from November.
Lightweight, compact, low-emissions. Spider-lifts are defining examples of the most advanced access platforms available in the market.
The key advantage of a spider-lift is its ability to access and work in areas that cannot be reached with a typical MEWP. The units are specially designed to offer following capabilities;
- access through restricted areas (doors, staircases)
- travel and operate on low-weight bearing floors (mezzanines, finished flooring, turf)
- work in indoor spaces, with the use of their low-emission engines
- set-up and operation on a gradient, with outrigger legs to stabilise and level the machine
- comprehensive and flexible working envelope, providing great up-an-over capabilities
- large basket capacity, with safe working load allowing 2 operators plus tools