NEBOSH has partnered with industry experts to develop a day of safety and health seminars at the 2023 Intersec exhibition and conference in Dubai.
‘NEBOSH Day’ will take place on 18 January and features sessions from senior health and safety leaders from the region, whose insights will be of real value to delegates. The topics covered include governance and leadership in HSE, managing HSE for mega projects and psychosocial risks.
Andy Wilkinson-Sharpe, NEBOSH Acting Chief Executive, says:
“NEBOSH is delighted to have been given the opportunity to devise the health and safety programme for the 18 January at Intersec.”
“We have made sure that “NEBOSH Day” will be of real value to delegates. Thank you to the senior health and safety leaders who have agreed to present and share their expertise and insights with our audience on the day.”
The agenda will cover:
- What is world class safety leadership and how do you achieve it? – Jim Andrews, Group Head of Health, Safety and Environment, Petrofac
- Governance and Leadership in HSE – Dr Waddah Ghanem Al Hashmi, Chairman, Professional Engineering Chapter, UAE Society of Engineers
- Social/technical paradigms in safety leadership – Salman Dawood Abdulla, Executive Vice President, HSSEQ and Business Transformation, EGA
- Managing HSE for mega projects – Dr Rob Cooling, Executive Director of HSEQ, NEOM
- Panel discussion: The changing role of the HSE Practitioner
- Psychosocial risks: What are they and how do they contribute to sustainability? – Dee Arp, Chief Operating Officer, NEBOSH
- What part should OSH professionals play in the creation of a socially sustainable business? – Andrew-Wilkinson-Sharpe, Acting Chief Executive, NEBOSH
Speaker Dr Waddah S Ghanem Al Hashmi adds: “I was very excited to be asked to be part of NEBOSH Day at Intersec here in Dubai. NEBOSH is an organisation that I have been associated with for nearly 15 years, and this is a great way for our collaboration to continue. I will be delivering a presentation on the recently approved UAE Standard “Occupational Health and Safety Management – Governance and Leadership Top Management requirements for UAE.S ISO 45001:2019” UAE.S 5052:2022 which encourages and supports a more proactive approach when it comes to health and safety. I am looking forward to being involved and learning and exchanging ideas with colleagues on the 18 January!”
Intersec takes place from 17-19 January 2023 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre. NEBOSH will be exhibiting on stand 2-D37. For more information visit: www.intersecexpo.com/nebosh
To register to attend Intersec for free, visit: www.intersecexpo.com/nebosh-reg