SHEilds specialise in accredited and bespoke health and safety training courses and with over 20 years of experience, our prospectus is always developing.
At the start of 2022 SHEilds were approached by one of the UK’s leading rail companies who needed a specialised rail training course for managing safely, as this course didn’t exist SHEilds designed, built, and had accredited a level 2 qualification.
SHEilds approached IOSH, who are the largest OHS professional membership body with their latest offering which was reviewed and given the IOSH stamp of approval. Based on course content, course delivery and user-friendly platform which exceeded the requirements it was awarded IOSH recognition.
The IOSH managing safely in Rail was born.
Who is this course for?
- This course is designed for employees beginning their journey in a health and safety career in the rail industry.
- Managing Safely Rail is also perfect for line managers, supervisors and team leaders who have the responsibility of reviewing departmental systems for safety.
- This course is the optimal steppingstone to advance onto a NEBOSH certificate courses.
- This IOSH Managing Safely course has been specifically created for those working in the rail industry. (Specifically those working in the rail industry who are required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with their organisation’s policy and best practice in health and safety, helping to standardise their operations.)
- This course is only available from SHEilds Ltd. (The only rail specialist course provider.)
- There are no prerequisite entry requirements for this qualification, however students will find it helpful to have already achieved an awareness-level qualification to improve their potential end result.
- The course aims to ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by line managers, and to enable them to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to ensure safety in the workplace.
Did you know?
The IOSH Managing Safely Rail course is the ideal starting point for your Health and Safety career, you will have an underpinning knowledge of the core health and safety subjects making you better prepared for your NEBOSH studies.
- Get a balanced perspective of safety and health issues
- Understand the importance of Safety Management Systems
- Provide an underpinning knowledge of the core health and safety subjects, therefore making you better prepared allowing further progress in your career
IOSH Managing Safely Rail at a glance
- 36 hours of study time
- 6 months of course access
- Tutor support
- 1 online exam
- 1 workplace risk assessment