A host of construction companies, housebuilders and property developers were among the biggest winners at this year’s RoSPA Health and Safety Awards – and with only a few weeks left until the deadline for the 2018 Awards, next year’s potential winners are being urged to get their entries in soon.
Among the biggest winners this year was Berkeley Homes (East Thames) Limited, which picked up the Sir George Earle Trophy – meaning it was named the overall winner of this year’s RoSPA Awards. It was also the winner in the Housebuilding and Property Sector.
Meanwhile, Morrison Utility Services was named winner in the Construction Commercial Sector, Wessex Engineering and Construction Services took the title in the Construction Engineering Sector, and Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (Sellafield) received an Order of Distinction for 16 consecutive Gold awards.
Julia Small, RoSPA’s head of qualifications, awards and events, said: “We’ve had a fantastic awards season in 2017, RoSPA’s centenary year, with nearly 2,000 entrants from across a range of sectors, including construction.
“Our winners demonstrate their commitment to the safety of their staff, students and visitors, while the application process allows them to strengthen their health and safety policies and procedures. We are hoping for an even bigger and better year in 2018, and for the first time, a RoSPA Awards application will count towards the health and safety professional’s CPD.”
Registration is open for 2018, with the awards being presented next year in London on June 19, Birmingham on July 4 and 5, and Glasgow on September 13.
To enter for a non-competitive occupational health and safety achievement award, entrants need to register at www.rospa.com/awards by December 14, 2017, for the Birmingham and London ceremonies and April 27, 2018, for the Glasgow ceremony.
Headline sponsor for the awards will be NEBOSH – the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health – for the 13th consecutive year. For more information about the RoSPA Awards, or to request an entry form, visit www.rospa.com/awards
Construction, housebuilding and property winners in the RoSPA Awards 2017:
- Berkeley Homes (East Thames) Limited – Winner in Housebuilding & Property, winner of the Sir George Earle Trophy
- Morrison Utility Services – Winner in the Construction Commercial Sector
- Multiplex Construction Europe Ltd – RHSC & DNC – Highly Commended in Construction Commercial, winner of the Scotland Trophy
- Wessex Engineering and Construction Services – Winner in Construction Engineering
- Gatwick Airport Limited – Construction – Highly Commended in Construction Engineering
- Teambuild Engineering & Construction Pte Ltd – Highly Commended in Housebuilding & Property
- Cavendish Nuclear & Balfour Beatty – Project Silos Maintenance Facility – Commended in Construction Commercial
- Berkeley St Edward, Berkeley Group – Commended in Housebuilding & Property
- SSE Enterprise Contracting E&I – Commended in Construction Engineering
- Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (Sellafield) – Order of Distinction (16 consecutive Gold awards)
- Mace Logistics – Gold Medal (7)