What are the campaigns launched by Dubai Municipality in the field of health and safety for the Ramadan 2022 season?
The Health and Safety Department of Dubai Municipality has prepared and is implementing specialized monitoring campaigns, which included the following:
- The campaign to control food contact materials throughout the month of Ramadan, due to the increase in demand for them and their use in fast food stores and restaurants.
- Monitoring campaign on cafes and Ramadan tents throughout the month of Ramadan, to ensure compliance with the hygiene requirements of the internal environment.
- The campaign to monitor beauty parlors and women’s salons during the last ten days of Ramadan, due to the increased demand for service in preparation for Eid Al Fitr.
What are the target entities of Ramadan campaigns?
All establishments related to environmental health in the Emirate, including salons, beauty parlors, consumer products trading establishments, and places for providing services in cafes and hotels.
What are the specialized teams in Ramadan campaigns in the markets and stores in Dubai?
The Health and Safety Department works continuously around the clock during the month of Ramadan, to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and requirements through the following specialized teams:
1) Team specialized in specifications and requirements for food contact materials, as well as cosmetics and personal care.
2) Team specialized in evaluating the observed health hazards in the places where services are provided in cafes.
3) Team specialized in evaluating health hazards associated with practices and products such as henna in beauty parlors and salons.
4) Response team to communications and complaints.
5) Supervisory support team for emergency cases.
How can establishments avoid exposure to violations during these campaigns? How are violating establishments dealt with?
The Health and Safety Department recommends, through the notices sent to customers during the month of Ramadan, the necessity of continuous follow-up and verification of updates regarding precautionary measures or regarding the practice of activity, as well as adherence to health and safety standards available in the guidelines issued and published on the Dubai Municipality website.
Original Source: https://www.dm.gov.ae/2022/05/18/dubai-municipalitys-efforts-in-the-field-of-health-and-safety-during-ramadan-2022/