- Touchscreen controller mimic HMI display panel for remote visibility, which allows access to accept / reset alarms, inhibit detectors, aid bump tests and view system health
- Provides identification if an action is required, showing the origination of an alert across multiple panels
- Can be configured with Crowcon Vortex & Gasmaster controllers, in single or multiple setups, for all new installations and is retrofitted to existing installations
- Users see possible trends within the alerts e.g. an alarm in a specific location is triggered on a regular basis – due to the one-hour trend ‘visibility by gas’ function
- Employs license activated software operated from a dedicated touchscreen panel Windows 10
- Aids routine maintenance activities as the user can view multiple controllers from one screen
Crowcon has developed an HMI solution that creates complete system visibility. The solution can run alongside existing DCS/SCADA/PLC systems or mimic panels which are used to monitor wider system views, often incorporating other sensors including security, flow, smoke and fire.
Crowcon’s product manager William Allum explains, “This solution enables our customers to view data from multiple panels from one central screen. Due to the system having the ability to store alarm and event logs, users can quickly understand the symptoms of a problem as they view the information and identify the exact location.
Vortex & Gasmaster HMI employs license activated software operated from a dedicated touchscreen panel. As the system is modular, users specify the required number of input converters to link the number of controllers in their system. It monitors up to six Vortex panels or racks, or up to 10 Gasmaster controllers operating on one system, so either Vortex or Gasmaster.”
“Vortex & Gasmaster HMI employs license activated software operated from a dedicated touchscreen panel”
The display shows gas levels from all detectors from the chosen panel simultaneously and enables the user to easily adjust or test a system. It is now possible to see the details of each controller within a system, including alarm indications, as well as the complete configuration and location of each gas detector.
Users can also see possible trends within the alerts. For example, an alarm in a specific location may be triggered on a regular basis. This is due to the development of a one-hour ‘trend visibility by gas’ function.
Crowcon HMI can be configured in various different setups:
- Connection locally
- Connection via network
- Connected directly via HMI enclosure
The Crowcon HMI can connect with the controller via RS-485 MODBUS or ethernet cable which are capable of long distance connectivity.
The large multi-lingual display shows gas levels from all detectors simultaneously and enables you to easily adjust and test the system. It operates stand-alone or can interface with any alarm device and control system using a selection of outputs. All the information you need about your gas and fire detectors is available, at a glance on Gasmaster’s compact, versatile and powerful gas detection control pane. Simple to operate with a comprehensive selection of input and output functions.
Vortex’s flexible control package can be customised to meet site requirements without the need for extensive cabling. The rack and panel comprise the essential input, output and controller modules which are mounted on a DIN rail. An optional display module is available in panel-mounting and 19″ Rack formats. This configuration can be incorporated into a variety of specialist enclosures, such as 19″ format or those with high ingress protection.
Click here to find out more information about the Crowcon HMI solution.